[HNW] Laurels, Beads, and the Nature of Knowledge

Stephenson dkstephenson at planetc.com
Mon Aug 18 14:46:25 PDT 2003

Speaking as a Laurel from Meridies, I am perfectly willing to accept a
statement indicating that there is no existence of current information
about a particular technique.  I know that I am not alone in this view
and that most Meridian Laurels will accept that, unless they know better
themselves.  We simply expect that the entrant address the point about
technique in their documentation.

As far as any other expectations about Meridian requirements in
embroidery and other textile-applications, they are better addressed in
the Meridian Embroidery Guild List Serve because this list covers many
different kingdoms and the time period is not limited to the SCA.  Many
different historical embroiderers follow this list.  Or anyone can email
me privately at clare_de_estepa AT hotmail.com  I will be happy to
discuss documentation issues and Meridian Arts Competitions with
anyone.  I will conclude with the statement that I have been entering
for years in textile arts and I have always found it to be a good
experience.  Sometimes frustrating, but a good experience.

Sincerely,
Mistress Clare de Estepa, OL
Meridies