[HNW] Re:marking on fabric

Bjarne og Leif Drews drewscph at post12.tele.dk
Wed Aug 20 14:13:17 PDT 2003

Hello.
To make accurate marking on your fabric, i use tracing paper. I draw the
pattern with a sharp soft pencil to the tracing paper. Then i blow away all
the pencil dust when it is finished, turns the paper around so that the
pencil marks turns down towards the fabric. I place the paper to the fabric
and when it is positioned where you want it, i pin the paper to the fabric.
Then i draw on the other side of the paper (wich is transperant) on top of
the marks i made first.
The result gives a very fine pencil line on the fabric. Some places there
might be some missing points, but you generally can draw them after you have
transferred the pattern.
When i examined a real 18th century unfinnished embroidered dress, i noticed
that this also had pencil drawing on the fabric, so the method is old.

Bjarne

Leif og Bjarne Drews
www.my-drewscostumes.dk

http://home0.inet.tele.dk/drewscph/