[HNW] Repost: Medieval Embroidery Wiki Now Open

Laren laren at webcon.net.au
Tue Aug 26 20:34:23 PDT 2003

Hi Everyone,

This is a repost of an earlier message, I didn't realise it at the time but
I posted this on the first day of Pennsic so alot of people may have missed
it.

I just wanted to let everyone know about a Wiki that I've just set up. Its
called the Medieval Embroidery Wiki. The purpose of the Wiki is to provide
a central location where information about period embroidery can be found.
At the moment, there are bits here and there. Also, stuff on the web has a
tendency to disappear over night. With the Wiki, anyone can save the whole
site to their computer at the push of a button. The URL is:

http://www.seedwiki.com/page.cfm?wikiid=2734&doc=MedievalEmbroidery

For those not familar with Wikis, the beauty of these are that anyone can
be involved. All you need to edit pages is a web browser. You go to the
page, click on the the "Edit Page" button and fill in the box with info.
When you are finished, you click "Save". That's it!

This is a great way for people who have information (but who don't want to
setup and maintain webpages) to share that information with others.

I have set up the structure of the site, but if you think we need more
categories etc, just add them!

I am hoping to get as much hard info as possible up, so where possible,
cite your sources, list books and references that may be helpful, link to
websites with pictures!!

Cheers,
Jane