[HNW] medieval embroidery experts

Sarah Randles s-randles at adfa.edu.au
Tue Feb 11 23:15:24 PST 2003

Nancy wrote:

>If you were given a choice of which medieval embroidery expert you could
>consult about an embroidery, who would be your first pick?

Well, it's a toss-up between Mrs A.G.I. (Grace) Christie and Marie
Schuette, closely followed by Leonie von Wilckens - or did you want me to
limit it to live people?

And for today's piece of trivia, did you know Marie Schuette was
Australian?  She was born in Melbourne, but her parents then moved back to
Germany when she was a small child.  I'm still counting her as a compatriot
though.

Sarah
Sarah Randles
s.randles at adfa.edu.au

Australian National Dictionary Centre
Australian National University
ACT 0200
Phone: (02) 6125 0476 Fax: (02) 6125 0475
(On Thursdays and Fridays, I am at the School of English, ADFA on Ph: (02)
6268 8387, same e-mail address.)