[HNW] Book/Costume/Art

Linn Skinner skinner02 at sprynet.com
Fri Feb 21 09:58:12 PST 2003

For those of you who enjoy reproducing costume from portraits.  A new (to me) book by the National Gallery, London.  Although published in 1998, I hadn't seen it before.

Costume in Art
ISBN 1-84072 026 3
Price:  £5.95 at the museum
6 1/4" x 6 1/4 "
144 pages  All plates in color

Literature interspersed with portraits and close up detail of portraits.  Sections on Women's Clothes, Men's Clothes, Children's Clothes, Accessories.  At first read, nothing past 1800 and some pre-1600.

Linn Skinner
Skinner Sisters