[HNW] Book Alert!

Rosemary Stecher stecher3 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 20 18:20:06 PST 2003

SNSpies at aol.com wrote:

> > I bought this one and his others when they first came out.  They're all
> > published in the 1990's.
>
> How early are the examples?

A lot of 18th century pieces, some 19th century, and a handful of 17th
century pieces, pretty much the same distribution I've seen in other
books on Greek island embroidery. It's a beautiful book, the photos are
nearly all in color, well worth getting if you have any interest in the
subject. The only pre-1600 piece is a 15th century Mamluk sampler,
included to show a possible source for some of the patterns.

--Mathilde
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mathilde/