[HNW] crochet

Beth Turner nellwynn0 at lycos.com
Sat Nov 1 11:26:26 PST 2003

I crochet as well but i really enjoy doing needlework..

YIS
Catriona ingen Mhuirdeach

This reminded me That I've been wanting to ask if anyone has managed to document crochet before the late 1700s.  A while back I read that it was the earliest so far.

I would love to reproduce some of the old lacis patterns but I have yet to figure out how to make the net. The modern net I've seen has round not square holes and is nylon so I don't think it would work.

Many of them can be done in filet crochet (which I enjoy) but apparently it is just somewhat out of period.  Like nearly 200 years.  sigh

Does anyone know anything different?

YIS
Nellwynne de Percy