[HNW] crochet

Kathy kth62 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 2 04:50:34 PST 2003

Nellwynn..  the only other way to make lace that i know of is tatting..not sure of its orignins or time period.. but i do know a number of people who do it as part of SCA A&S

I can check my sources and get back to you on that

YIS
Catriona

Beth Turner <nellwynn0 at lycos.com> wrote:

I crochet as well but i really enjoy doing needlework..

YIS
Catriona ingen Mhuirdeach

This reminded me That I've been wanting to ask if anyone has managed to document crochet before the late 1700s. A while back I read that it was the earliest so far.

I would love to reproduce some of the old lacis patterns but I have yet to figure out how to make the net. The modern net I've seen has round not square holes and is nylon so I don't think it would work.

Many of them can be done in filet crochet (which I enjoy) but apparently it is just somewhat out of period. Like nearly 200 years. sigh

Does anyone know anything different?

YIS
Nellwynne de Percy