[HNW] Tablecloth?

Kathy kth62 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 14:26:55 PST 2003

Opus Plumarium?  now that is a new one for me..  sounds lovely though
kathy

Dyan Johnson <calendre57 at yahoo.com> wrote:
Yes, they are! I especially like the birds. The one on the left could be split stitch since the shading follows around & are in sort of a line. The other 2 appear to be shaded differently, perhaps opus plumarium - long & short, straight filling stitches, or something similar. You usually don't see this type of realistic shading until the later 1500's.
Carol, What date is the painting?
Dyan

Kathy <kth62 at yahoo.com> wrote:
both gown and cloth look lovely    be nice to get a clearer picture or the embroidery though
kathy

Carol Knight <Carol.Knight at chsys.org> wrote:
http://www.goldsword.com/sfarmer/SCA/Paintings/bacchiacca_WM1_WomanMusic.jpg

The gown is lovely, and one I want to do someday, but take a look at the
tablecloth. The border is some very nice birds-some very realistic looking
birds and that is certainly a cloth. It also appears to have been sewn on
the cloth, or in it.
I am thinking that this is an embroidered inset....

What are your thoughts?

Roz
Meridies