[HNW] embroidered stomacher and new projekt

MLF lunamoth at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 4 18:00:52 PDT 2003

I have a dummy question since I'm new to embroidery beyond
cross-stitching/backstitching.  What if I wish to put blackwork or some
other stitching onto a garment, say at the hem or collar or cuffs.  Is
the common method to embroider the piece of fabric before making it into
the garment?  Or is it simply common to work the design onto the
finished garment without any kind of framing to hold tension on the cloth?

Much thanks!
-m

--
Thig crioch air an saoghal,