[HNW] Embroidering garments

Bjarne og Leif Drews drewscph at post12.tele.dk
Sun Oct 5 07:00:21 PDT 2003

Hi,
The best way to make embroidery for garments is to embroider it before you
cut. If you make some blackwork, i guess you dont have to stretch your
fabric on a frame, but can sit with it in your hands. Is it for instance a
cuff you are making, you could just cut a piece out wich is a little larger
than the cuf + seamallowance.
But if you are embroidering large things, as a stomacher for instance, and
you are making stitches that can make the fabric crinckle, it is better to
stretch the fabric on a frame, so that it keeps its smooth surface.
This jacket i made, with embroidery on the front parts, was not cut until i
had made all the embroidery.
This is the way they originally made it like.

Bjarne

Leif og Bjarne Drews
www.my-drewscostumes.dk

http://home0.inet.tele.dk/drewscph/