[HNW] Byzantine

Halla Eyvaldsdottir yarnadict at msn.com
Tue Oct 14 06:28:32 PDT 2003

Greetings fair gentles!

I have been asked to make garb for a Lord for 11th night (the Summits Coronation in the Fair Kingdom of An Tir) and he has a Frankish persona that has spent time in Byzantine. As a Yule gift for this Lord, I would like to do some embroidery on his over tunic (under tunic is taken care of--going to be embroidering parts of his device on the cuff and hem). I have found discussion pages about Byzantine embroidery, but alas no pictures! I am tempted to see if I can find some pictures of scrolls from that period! Since the tunic is wool, I will probably do the embroidery with wool threads..

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Yours, In service,

Halla
Stromgard