[HNW] Linen for coifs

sheree krasley ladybrynn at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 20 10:45:05 PDT 2003

I'm currently working on a blackwork coif and was wondering if anyone has any idea of the thread count of the linen that was used in the late 16th century? The linen I'm curently using is 52 by 48 count per inch. Not exactly an even weave but close enough that it doesn't seem to effect the pattern, that and since I'm doing it in speckle stitch and not the usual fill designs it's working well.
I'm just curious as to how fine a linen was being used.

- Brynn Eilionoir