[HNW] reenacting

Bjarne og Leif Drews drewscph at post12.tele.dk
Thu Apr 1 03:54:48 PST 2004

You plan all things for a future reenacting. This you have to buy and this
also.
Then you have to iron your costume very fine so that it can be packed very
carefully in a suitcase. Then you discover that you have a spot on your
shirtsleave wich absolutely wont wash out ( must have ben that moskito who
bite you last year at Haga)
Then you have to iron the shirt very carefully, remember the fabric from
Holland costed you a fortune. The tiny tiny iron you baught from the USA
comes in very handy. It costed you a fortune two, because you did not
realise that the adaptor would be that expensive - costum made!
Well! you iron all the ruffles, very nice - it takes about 2 hours time to
get all the gathered ruffles at the neck and the sleaves to look right.
Then they have damped weather in England this time of the year, probably a
lot of rain,,,,,,,,,, So things in your suitcase also gets damped and when
you open your suitcase, you can start all over again!
Then you noticed that the english gentlemen had a black ribbon tied round
their stock kravats in a bow, you never saw that before, so you have to find
out where to buy real silk satin ribbon. Oh thank god we have Silke Annet
and she has!
Dont worry!  Thing is called a "Solitaire"
I noticed that my shirt always crawled up in the space between the shirt
collar and the stock kravat, so my stock kravat obvious must be two tight!
and two small!
And i made a new stock kravat! Looking in Baumgartens book about american
costumes, found out that it had to be pleated in as many pleats as you could
do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yikes!
So i start to make a new one, bigger and with a stiffening foundation so
that it wont collapse like my first one did!
So sitting a whole evening making stock kravat pleating
Fortunately there was a wonderfull movie in the television about  Chaqueline
du Pres and her sister.Fighted because i would not want Leif to se me cry!
Oh Brother! Must buy her Elgar Cello Concerto!!!
This morning stood up, had coffe, jumped over breakfast, i rarely eats
breakfast, this is perhaps one of the reasons i only have 58 kilos. Dont
mind that.
But in England - Bath i shall have breakfast and i shall ask the same things
as Stevie Gamble and Danielle Nunn Weinberg gets.
I am so excited to go, this must be the reason why we do these things; I can
imagine that Danielle is sitting fighting with her regency corset, her
boning only arrive yesterday, and Stevie Gamble she is simply fighting with
her pannier dress.
Why do we do all this?
My stockings oh my stockings. Let me tell you, i am so ashamed of this,
because i have not have the time to make real proper silk stockings with
embroidered clockings. I know that i look rediculous in my "ready to wear
ballet stockings, but you cant have it all can you?
To all of you mostly females out there, you are buisy buisiness wimen and
mothers and everything!
I admire you soo much!
Because i am only  a gay male, with no children and only a partner to take
care of and hense the money and time!

Bjarne from a shiny sunshined Copenhagen with the rain to come in
Brittain!!!!

Leif og Bjarne Drews
www.my-drewscostumes.dk

http://home0.inet.tele.dk/drewscph/