[HNW] Forepart

Genie L. Barrett genie at jb-av.com
Tue Apr 6 12:44:06 PDT 2004

Over the blaring of the bagpipes, Alex Doyle bellowed:

>I'd suggest that the gown skirt have the guards around
>the hem and on both sides of the front openning, but
>that said openning would be worn closed, with little
>half bows and agilets
>Alex
>--- "Genie L. Barrett" <genie at jb-av.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone have any ideas on making a forepart that
> > would go with this dress?
> >
> > http://costume.dm.net/gallery/images/orangegirl.jpg

Yes, but I _want_ to make a forepart for this dress.  I know that I don't
need to, and that I will probably wear it closed at first, but eventually I
want to have a forepart.  I am trying to match the colors as much as
possible, I'm just getting tired of English roses.

I don't think that blackwork would be appropriate, and so intend to do some
sort of couching, but not sure about a design, and what would go/not go
with that shirt.

Genie