[HNW] Les arts du tissu

Hanson, Carol CHANSON at PARTNERS.ORG
Thu Apr 8 14:23:21 PDT 2004

Literally? something like "decorative silk fabrics"
I suspect they mean woven silk brocades.
And yes, "dentelle" is lace.

- Carol Hanson (SCA: Caryl de Trecesson)

-----Original Message-----
From: h-needlework-bounces at ansteorra.org
[mailto:h-needlework-bounces at ansteorra.org]On Behalf Of Susan Farmer
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 4:55 PM
To: h-needlework at ansteorra.org
Subject: [HNW] Les arts du tissu

I just picked up this book at the library -- dangerous thing, that,
going to the library ...  It was printed in 1909 and has 4 sections:

	- Les tissus de soie decores
	- La broderie
	- La tapisserie
	- La dentelle

"Broderie" and "tapisserie" I recognize; "dentalle" I think is lace
(from the pictures anyway).  What is "Les tissus de soie decores?"

BTW, I found *another* example of a stitched *picture* from Elizabeth's
reign!

Jerusha in Meridies