[HNW] Yet another Definition needed

Rosemary Stecher stecher3 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 8 18:57:04 PDT 2004

Cordaunte may be cordon. Definition #5 in the OED is "An ornamental cord
or braid forming a part of costume. Also, the cord worn by Franciscans."
The example use is from 1578: "Lang slevis with silver pasmentis and
small cordonis of silvir and blew silk."

And, yes, counterpoint is the original form of counterpane.

--Mathilde
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mathilde/