Dream projects was Re: [HNW] Invitation

Rikke D. Giles rgiles at centurytel.net
Fri Dec 3 17:25:11 PST 2004

On 2004.12.03 17:17, Sue Clemenger wrote:

> If you had one opportunity to make your "dream" piece of needlework,
> what  would it be? (and yes, I mean one, although it doesn't have
> size  limitations!)  Assume, for fantasy purposes, that you have
> access to all the  raw materials you'd need.

Ohh boy.... ohhh BOY.

I think I'd make bedlinens.  I'd say blackworked sleeves, but I've a
plan for those, soon as I get time.  And a fully needleworked forepart
or 10, instead of just the beaded ones I'm able to do (given time
constraints).  Ohh, and needleworked nightgowns etc.  And probably some
sort of tapestries, cause I like those.  And cushions for my dainty
feet.....

Ohh I could go on and on.  But I really think the things that most awe
me about 15th-17th century needlework are the bedlinens and the
tapestries.  I know I've no time to make those, not in my whole
lifetime.  And yet... I wish, I dream,  I could.

Aelianora de Wintringham
Barony of Dragon's Laire
Kingdom of AnTir

mka Rikke Giles