[HNW] Re: Dream projects

Black Rose Spiritual Center drnikkiandrevjim at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 13:07:50 PST 2004

I looked and couldn't find a good still where I could really study them, but what I've seen done before for "fingernail gloves" was that the fingernails were incorporated into the glove material at the top of the fingers and then smoothly glued closed.  I'm thinking press-ons might work for "low activity" stuff, but I know they pop off easy.  My brother's girlfriend did "Catwoman" for Halloween and did the press on nails and they fell off throughout the evening.

...and, to keep it on point...
are you getting any more embroidery patterns posted to Costume Gallery?  They sure are scrumptuous!  :-)

Nikki
Penny Ladnier <penny at costumegallery.com> wrote:
Nikki,

I was watching the modern version of 101 Dalmatians with my grand-daughter today.  The one with Glenn Close.  Her costumes were wonderful!!!  I think the designer was nominated for an Oscar.  Anyways... all of her gloves were made with long fingernails on top of them.  Do you think this could have been done with press on nails?

Penny Ladnier, owner
The Costume Gallery, www.costumegallery.com
Costume Research Library, www.costumelibrary.com
Costume Classroom, www.costumeclassroom.com