[HNW] Re: H-needlework Digest, Cat fur?? lol

Black Rose Spiritual Center drnikkiandrevjim at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 22:23:17 PST 2004

Susie:

My most heartfelt sympathies on having to separate from Nibby.  I'm a cat person myself - we currently have 4.  And yes, they too love to contribute to my specialty fibers, along with 5 little dogs (Japanese chin)...you may have already seen this, but this poem has helped me through the loss of many a furred friend.  I hope it will help relieve some of the pain of your loss...

Nikki

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here,
that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends,
so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine,
and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill & old are restored to health and vigor;
those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing;
they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes
when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.
His bright eyes are intent; his eager body quivers.
Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass,
his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, & when you and your special friend finally meet,
you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face;
your hands again caress the beloved head,
and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet,
so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.

~ Author unknown ~

Dr. Nikki Judge Delaney
Spiritual Counselor