[HNW] Re: Cat fur??

Catherine Kinsey ckinsey at kumc.edu
Tue Dec 7 06:21:52 PST 2004

Susie; I sympathize with your loss and hope that time will help you
heal.  I have always had cats in my life, starting with the Siamese that
slept in my crib (my mother was not one for old wives tales :) ).
Currently we have a grey/russian blue named Murf and a white & apricot
shorthair named Max.  Between these two no color of clothing escapes
contrasting cat hairs!  Murf is good about lying quietly on the lap
while I stitch and he 'contributes'.  Max has to first see if there is
anything he wants to play with, and there usually is.  He also trys to
'help' when I am on the sewing machine.

And to keep this on track, could one way to tell if historic embroidery
was professionally stitched, or home made, be by looking closely for
ancient cat hairs :)?

Catherine