[HNW] Eterna Silk opinions?

Elizabet Elizabet at housemarshall.org
Mon Feb 9 11:48:11 PST 2004

I have recently obtained some Eterna silk samples, and I'd like to solicit opinions from anyone on the list who has tried these.  I am very pleased with the look of them, but haven't had the opportunity to stitch.

I have samples of the "stranded" (which is a flat filament silk), and the twist 5, 8 and 12.  I managed to forget to order a sample of the "mini twist" so any comment on that would also be welcome (i.e. how does it compare to the stranded, and/or to other silk on the market).

I am starting to merchant in the SCA in a small way, and I am considering the Eterna as my silk line, but would love to have the input of the folks on this list before I make my decision "permanent."

Thanks!

Kandy Fling (Philadelphia area)
(Elizabet Marshall in the SCA, East Kingdom)