[HNW] 80 Count Linen

Dyan Johnson calendre57 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 13 19:52:57 PST 2004

Hi Maria!
  To accompany your persona & time period, a book cover or book pouch comes to mind. The pouches were often as elaborately decorated as the book covers, usually linen with silk embroidery. My second thought is a cushion. I always back my embroidery with linen - a period practice - though you may not want to waste that 80 count on backing so you could use some other!
Dyan

Damon and Christine Huse <dchuse at netzero.com> wrote:
Hi!

My Mistress gave me some 80 count linen. It's about 1/2 yard X 45" wide.
It's a fairly heavy fabric (too thick for a coif). I have no clue what to do
with it.

I have a Spanish persona from the late 15th to mid-16th century.

Any ideas?

Maria