[HNW] Crochet patterns

Penny Ladnier penny at costumegallery.com
Wed Jan 14 23:49:43 PST 2004

I have taken up crochet again... last time I crocheted was in 1976... very
easy thing to do without hurting my back or eyesight.  I crocheted one of
those long scarves for my daughter.  These scarves are fashionable now.  She
is wanting one of those crocheted hats like Ali McGraw wore in the film Love
Story.  Does anyone know where to find this pattern?

I am also looking for a pattern that was published in Family Circle or
Woman's Day magazine in the late 1970s or early 1980s.  It was a white
bedspread with large blocks about 18 inches square.  In the center of each
square is a rose that was kinda 3-D... the color of the rose was red or a
rosy pink colored.  If anyone has or runs across this pattern, please let me
know.  I have been keeping an eye out for years.  My departed mother-in-law
made two of these bedspread and I loved them.  I always wanted one for
myself.

BTW, while at Ben Franklins Crafts & More tonight, I picked up a free
pattern for a long crocheted knee length vest like the ones from the 1970s.
My daughter is dying to have one.

Yes, the 1970s is now considered historic!!!!!!!! Some like to say vintage
but it is still historic.

Penny Ladnier
Owner, The Costume Gallery & Costume Classroom
www.costumegallery.com
www.costumeclassroom.com

[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Plugit.com Virus Scanners (http://www.plugit.com)]