[HNW] Crochet patterns

Carol Thomas scbooks at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 15 08:52:20 PST 2004

I have an old pattern in crochet with raised rose-type flowers, though it
is not the one you are describing.  The blocks aren't 18 inches square, and
the example isn't white.  If the flower shape is what you want, you could
easily make bigger blocks around them, by just continuing to crochet around
the outside.

Historic.  Ouch.  Don't know how old the booklet is.  When did pattern
books sell for 29 cents...

If you would like to see it, just send me your address off line.  I would
like the pamphlet back.  You could copy it and pop it in an envelope back
to me.

>I am also looking for a pattern that was published in Family Circle or
>Woman's Day magazine in the late 1970s or early 1980s.  It was a white
>bedspread with large blocks about 18 inches square.  In the center of each
>square is a rose that was kinda 3-D... the color of the rose was red or a
>rosy pink colored.  If anyone has or runs across this pattern, please let me
>know.  I have been keeping an eye out for years.  My departed mother-in-law
>made two of these bedspread and I loved them.  I always wanted one for
>myself
>
>Yes, the 1970s is now considered historic!!!!!!!! Some like to say vintage
>but it is still historic.

Carllein

The website is back: http://small-churl-books.com and e-mail to
carol at small-churl-books.com