[HNW] 18th century quilted petticoat

Báine baine at microcore.net
Mon Jan 19 07:39:24 PST 2004

There is a product you can purchase from quilting and sewing shops called "Tiger
Tape".  It is a 1/4" tape with lines marking the stitch length; comes in several
stitch lengths including 12 and you lay it down next to the line you want to
stitch.
If you want to see what it looks like, my favorite sewing catalog carries it and
pictures it online at
<http://www.clotilde.com/cl/product_group.asp?listtype=search&searchterm=tiger+tape&go.x=16&go.y=3&dept_name=Search+Result%3A+tiger+tape&g_id=147246>

I use the 9 stitch length myself for seams because that's all I can find in my
local quilt shop.  I guess I need to order the 12.  ^_^   30 yards will do a lot
of stitching.

Báine