[HNW] 18th century quilting stitches2

Carolyn Kayta Barrows kayta at frys.com
Wed Jan 21 00:54:20 PST 2004

>The first thing I am doing, for my quilted petticoat project, is a quilted
>pocket.  That way I can practice my stitches and, if they're really too
>big, the finished thing won't show.  I find that I can only manage one
>stitch per inch if I leave the pocket in the quilting frame.  So I basted
>around the edge of the shape of a pocket, and took it out of the hoop.

I can manage six to the inch, but not much smaller than that.  If I do stab
stitch, like where both halves of every stitch are individually stuck thru
the fabric, I might be able to manage nine to the inch but my lines
probably wouldn't be straight.  Now what?

        CarolynKayta Barrows
dollmaker, fibre artist, textillian
          www.FunStuft.com

              //// \\\