[HNW] latest embroideries

Bjarne og Leif Drews drewscph at post12.tele.dk
Tue Apr 5 00:46:12 PDT 2005

Hi Nikki.
The sampler i did just to praktise. Yesterday when it was finished, i started to make the sampler on a grey linen. It is going to be a bag. It was the first time i have made something with bullion stitches. I was a little afraid of doing those because i thoaght it was difficult to do, but it really is not. Only thing you must use a thread wich is twisted. I tryed with some thread that was only lightly twisted and i didnt think it worked out as i wanted.
When i start a projekt i always make a sampler first to praktice to.
I didnt design the motif. The motif is from Inspirations Magazine wich has many of those beautifull motifs. I think i have 3 or 4 different motifs to use for bags with bullion roses. But i think i want to make some motifs by myself, because i really like those roses, they give it a 3 dimentional effect.
I work as a nurse 37 hours a week, and only have my sparetime to make my projekts. I really am looking forwards to get pensioned so that i can have a lot of more time to embroider. It is the best of relaxation i know.

Bjarne