[HNW] Primary and Secondary DMC floss colors

Charlene Charette perronnelle at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 5 20:26:23 PDT 2005

SNSpies at aol.com wrote:
> DMC itself does not have specific colors that it would designate as
> Primary Red, Blue, and Yellow or Secondary Orange, Violet, and Green.
> (I just asked.)
>
> So I am wondering if any of you on the list have taken a stab at this
> and, if so, would be willing to share your thoughts.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Nancy

I didn't receive as many replies to this as I thought I would.  Here's
what I did get.

==========

Site listing the RGB values for DMC:
http://www.aion-needlecrafts.co.uk/info/dmcval2.htm

==========

My personal opinion:

Red:  #666 (Christmas Red, Bright)
Blue: #995 (Electric Blue, Dark)
Yellow: #307 (Lemon)
Orange: #947 (Burnt Orange)
Violet: #553 (Violet) or #552 (Violet, Medium)
Green: #700 (Christmas Green, Bright) or #699 (Christmas Green)

HTH,
Carey in MA

I took a color class in which we made a color wheel from DMC, but I
can't lay my hands on it at the moment.  I'll look for it later this
week and let you know what I find.

--Charlene

--
A witty saying proves nothing.  --Voltaire