[HNW] wool cap somewhat felted

Carolyn Kayta Barrows kayta at frys.com
Tue Apr 12 02:03:08 PDT 2005

I tried the recalcitrant wool cap in the washer with a small load of
clothes, and it felted somewhat but didn't appear to shrink any.  I just
checked, not that the drier has had it for a few minutes, as hot as I can
get it, and it now appears to have shrunk a little.  And it's more nearly
dry than I could get it last night in the drier by itself.  By the time the
jeans in that load are dry it ought to be as small and felted as I need it
to be.  If it's nominally too small that will do fine, because then it
won't blow off.

Thank you everyone for your advice, but I still don't seem to have the
knack for felting on a stovetop.

        CarolynKayta Barrows
dollmaker, fibre artist, textillian
          www.FunStuft.com