Game Bags, was RE: [HNW] stitching knotwork

Genie Barrett maggie.gene at justinanimator.com
Wed Apr 13 06:36:24 PDT 2005

Mellissa Allison stepped close to the microphone and whispered:

>Genie,
>
>   I love the game bags you made!  This is exactly the kind of thing I want
>to make for myself.  Can you tell me what type of fabrics you used to
>construct them and also how large the circle's diameter was for the design?
>I appreciate any information you can provide.
>
>TIA,
>Mellissa
These are about 18" in diameter.  The basic construction is in three layers.

One nice brocade-like fabric for the outside
One nice, thinner fabric for the inside
One even weave fabric for the embroidery.

We tried to make them a foot across but they wouldn't close up so nicely.

The game boards themselves are about 8"-10" accross.

We made about 30 of them, so weren't very picky about the fabrics, but did
find that the really heavy stuff is too much for the outside, but basic
quilting fabric is fine for the inside.

Any more questions?

Genie, who is making 15 more of them for Christmas gifts...Then I'll
probably never make another one again. GRIN