[HNW] Re: Game bags

Genie Barrett maggie.gene at justinanimator.com
Wed Apr 13 11:22:22 PDT 2005

Catherine Kinsey stepped close to the microphone and whispered:

>Any more questions?
>
>Genie, who is making 15 more of them for Christmas gifts...Then I'll
>probably never make another one again. GRIN
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>What games?  And any instructions for playing them?
>
>Cool idea, thanks for sharing,
>Catherine

These were fox and geese and nine man's morris:

http://www.stoneclave.com/tavern/games/games.asp

Here are a few examples of the boards and basic instructions on how to play.

I'm also thinking, in addition to those, of doing chess/checkers, Chinese
chess, and possibly backgammon.  All of which are from the time periods I
am interested in.  Backgammon goes back to the 13th C. and chess is back
that far at least.  Chinese chess is a lot older than that.

These also have rules online, but so many, that you might not like the site
I show you.  smile.

There are millions of different games, boards, variants and all.  One site
I found had a bunch of Viking games.

The cool part about the bag is, that you protect the board inside the bag,
and the pieces are always with the board.

Enjoy
Genie