Sidless picture was Re: [HNW] stitching knotwork

Janie Hanes anasasia_orpett at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 13 15:52:30 PDT 2005

I like it .. and have considered something similar. I have been playing for over ten years and still make things that are not exactly period. If I like the way it looks and it looks period, then I don't worry too much. It is not like I am going to enter it into a competition.

I am working on one made from trellis embossed fabric and will be doing some beadwork on it for my daughter's wedding in October in Antir (SP?)

Anastasia

Genie Barrett <maggie.gene at justinanimator.com> wrote:
Janie Hanes stepped close to the microphone and whispered:

>I love the sidless.. is that on satin?
>Anastasia

Thanks. No, it's a cotton/polly, I think. I started it when I very first
began to do historical costuming (on month in the SCA) and did everything
wrong. I know, now, that you can't find documentation of Celtic knotwork
on a sideless, but I love it anyway just because of all the work it
took. It catches a lot of eyes, too.

Your life's outcome can only be determined by your choices, not those things that others choose for you.
Joy can be found all year round. You make the choice to live a joyful life. Joy is deep inside you.