[HNW] Extant Examples of German Embroidery

Laren laren at webcon.net.au
Thu Apr 14 15:55:04 PDT 2005

Hi All,

I've added links to images of quite a bit of German period embroidery to my
blog over the last few days. There is an entry at the top of the page with
a variety of styles and an entry of mainly whitework and wool embroidery at
the  bottom of the page.

http://laren.blogspot.com/

I will be adding the links to my permanent site at:
http://medieval.webcon.net.au/

I am partly posting this because of one of the classes at the upcoming
collegium on German counted thread satin stitch (brick stitch). A couple of
the items are brick stitch bags, but not drawstring, they have a fold over
lip for the closing of the bag.

Cheers,
Jane