[HNW] Extant Examples of German Embroidery

Auna Oncay indiauna at cox-internet.com
Thu Apr 14 19:51:02 PDT 2005

Thanks for sharing Jane.
Auriana

-----Original Message-----
From: h-needlework-bounces+indiauna=cox-internet.com at ansteorra.org
[mailto:h-needlework-bounces+indiauna=cox-internet.com at ansteorra.org]On
Behalf Of Laren
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 5:55 PM
To: Historic Needlework
Subject: [HNW] Extant Examples of German Embroidery

Hi All,

I've added links to images of quite a bit of German period embroidery to my
blog over the last few days. There is an entry at the top of the page with
a variety of styles and an entry of mainly whitework and wool embroidery at
the  bottom of the page.

http://laren.blogspot.com/

I will be adding the links to my permanent site at:
http://medieval.webcon.net.au/

I am partly posting this because of one of the classes at the upcoming
collegium on German counted thread satin stitch (brick stitch). A couple of
the items are brick stitch bags, but not drawstring, they have a fold over
lip for the closing of the bag.

Cheers,
Jane