[HNW] Extant Examples of German Embroidery

Carolyn Kayta Barrows kayta at frys.com
Fri Apr 15 01:16:42 PDT 2005

>Are you doing counted blackwork? The shirt I'm working on is surface
>embroidery, much more forgiving!

My surface embroidery doth suck.  So I was doing counted thread with waste
canvas, and verily did that suck.  So I'm thinking of going back to counted
thread but without the waste canvas, and using smaller thread.  I have
several magnifiers, and linen where I can actually see the threads, so this
might work.  But the thought of having to start over is not my idea of a
good time.

        CarolynKayta Barrows
dollmaker, fibre artist, textillian
          www.FunStuft.com