[HNW] learning blackwork

Janie Hanes anasasia_orpett at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 11:47:24 PDT 2005

http://www.blackworkarchives.com/   This is  excellent site for patterns and shows how to do the stitch also.
Anastasia

Jeannie H <kyrithia at hotmail.com> wrote:
Greetings!

All the blackwork discussion has gotten me interested in learning it. What
you all recommend a good book to learn from?

I'm obviously interested in ones with a more historical slant if there's a
choice (unlike the one I've got).

***I need something with actually how to work the blackwork, not just a
historical discussion (interesting, but not practical for learning). I'd
like something with some examples to practice. I've got a couple of books
but neither has good instructions. One has a few charts but not how to work
it. I'm reasonably decent at needlework in general but what's in my books
isn't enough.

I've seen the skinnersisters stuff and they had a couple books that looked
like they might do. What is your opinions on that? Or where else should I
look?

Thanks in advance,
Grainne Finneadan

Your life's outcome can only be determined by your choices, not those things that others choose for you.
Joy can be found all year round. You make the choice to live a joyful life. Joy is deep inside you.