[HNW] Re: blackwork

Carolyn Kayta Barrows kayta at frys.com
Fri Apr 15 19:47:58 PDT 2005

>No one has yet mentioned my favorite cotton thread for blackwork:  Tatting
>cord.  It is a very hard, strong, tightly spun thread, not fuzzy like
>floss.  One strand of floss is very like a length of tatting cord.  It
>provides a lovely, crisp line.

I actually mentioned it as a possibility, buried in my last post.  The
stuff always looked like teensy perle cotton to me, but I'd only seen it in
white and some pretty lurid colors (the ones that end up, unwanted, in
thrift stores).  The balls say it's size 70, which I've heard is the same
size as sewing thread which is what several other people have suggested.
But if you suggest this specifically, then it must be available in
black.  I'll try that next.

I really need to get my scanner hooked up.

        CarolynKayta Barrows
dollmaker, fibre artist, textillian
          www.FunStuft.com

              //// \\\