[HNW] icky blackwork

Eowyn Amberdrake eowyna at sca-caid.org
Sat Apr 16 09:19:04 PDT 2005

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 08:54:58 -0700
  Carolyn Kayta Barrows <kayta at frys.com> wrote:

>I didn't like the loopy look with the smaller thread.
> And even looking only at that part, it looked skimpy.

I don't understand how one gets a "loopy look" .  If you
pull it enough to get it to lie down even to the cloth
surface, it shouldn't be loopy.

If it is looking skimpy -- tatting cord does provide a
fine line.

Are you doing the outline+filling sort of blackwork, or
the design-in-a-line sort?  If the former, then outline
the area to be worked using stem stitch to give a wider
outline.  If the latter, this should be historically
compatible. But yes, it is finer than perle 12.

Eowyn