[HNW] icky blackwork

Carolyn Kayta Barrows kayta at frys.com
Sat Apr 16 17:43:40 PDT 2005

>>I didn't like the loopy look with the smaller thread.
>
>I don't understand how one gets a "loopy look" .  If you pull it enough to
>get it to lie down even to the cloth surface, it shouldn't be loopy.

I can't pull the thread tight enough to flatten the stitches out without
distorting the fabric.  I work fairly loosely, so the thin thread just sits
on top of the fabric in ( shapes.

>the design-in-a-line sort?

This kind.  My embroidery skills aren't up to the outline and filling
style.  And the design in a line kind reads earlier, where the other reads
later.

        CarolynKayta Barrows
dollmaker, fibre artist, textillian
          www.FunStuft.com