[HNW] "filet brode'" and "dentelle a l'aiguille"

Lynn Carpenter alwen at i2k.com
Wed Apr 20 10:54:07 PDT 2005

Susan Farmer <sfarmer at utk.edu> wrote:

>Found this ..... while checking out those pesky NEXT links ....
>
>Is this ribbon?
>
>http://tinyurl.com/8bpkw

Title : "Dentelle : tapis de table, filet brodé" is, roughly, "Lace table
cover, embroidered netting."

Embroidered netting has about sixty-eleven names:  lacis, darned netting
(which I always think sounds like a repair, rather than a technique), filet
lace, et c.  In this case the embroidery on the net is in beautiful color.
*sigh*

The Lace Fairy page has the following:
http://lace.lacefairy.com/ID/FiletID.html

The links at the bottom of this page lead to more lovely lace-net eye candy!

Lynn Carpenter in SW Michigan, USA
alwen at i2k dot com
(I made a net [bigger] yesterday:  but it was the net for the hops vines,
with 4-inch mesh out of blue and white garden string!)