[HNW] Bayeux Embroidery

SNSpies@aol.com SNSpies at aol.com
Thu Jul 7 15:13:20 PDT 2005

This is a message that I would like you to pass around to anyone and
everyone, please.

I have just finished reviewing the compilation of papers that  were given at
the Cerisy Colloquium in 1999 on the Bayeux "Tapestry".  Let  me quote from
the conclusion:

"... we should in future refer to it as the Bayeux Embroidery, and no  longer
as a "Tapestry".  All the assembled experts were in agreement on  this formal
point, while admitting that it would take a number of years for the  correct
term actually to pass into current general use."

Finally!
So, please do not call the amazing embroidery a "tapestry" any  longer.  It
is the BAYEUX EMBROIDERY.

Nancy

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Nancy  Spies
Arelate Studio
_www.weavershand.com/ArelateStudio.html_
(http://www.weavershand.com/ArelateStudio.html)
Ingvild  Josefsdatter, OL
Bright Hills, Atlantia

"But if by a 'Liberal' they  mean someone who looks ahead and not behind,
someone who welcomes new ideas  without rigid reactions, someone who cares about
the welfare of the people --  their health, their housing, their schools,
their jobs, their civil rights, and  their civil liberties -- someone who believes
we can break through the stalemate  and suspicions that grip us in our
policies abroad, if that is what they mean by  a 'Liberal,' then I'm proud to say
I'm a 'Liberal'." John F. Kennedy, 14 Sept  1960