[HNW] Re: Hancock Fabrics - "antique" sewing tools

Lynn Carpenter alwen at i2k.com
Thu Jul 7 16:07:42 PDT 2005

Here is the "Elizabeth's Vintage Notions" line from Dritz:
http://www.dritz.com/brands/evn/index.php

I have not seen the ones from Hancock's, but I have seen the "Elizabeth's"
ones above.  I think the tatting shuttle retailed for 12 USD, and of the
six or seven on the display, all but one were completely "sprung":  that
is, the tips did not touch at the ends, but were separated by as much as 2
or 3 mm.  Also, the loop that is meant to hang it from the chatelaine is in
a very awkward position if you wanted to (imagine!) tat with it.

I wish these manufacturers, if they are going to offer a tatting shuttle,
would offer a good, usable shuttle, instead of messing around making
something pretty, but about 90 percent unusable.

"When I am Queen of the Universe . . ." [she muttered darkly].

Lynn Carpenter in SW Michigan, USA
alwen at i2k dot com