[HNW] Incorporating Into A "Thread"

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Jul 7 19:38:40 PDT 2005

Interesting topic, Nikki!
It's not needlework, but there is that amazing painting by Picasso
called "Guernica," which would definitely constitute an artistic
response to a terrible tragedy.
I think it's really the only Picasso I actually kinda like, and the
whole cubist thing rather perfectly depicts the terror and chaos.
There are a whole bunch of paintings (by Goya?), depicting events in
Spain in the early 19th century.  Music commemorating various
significant disasters, of course.  I'm sure not coming up with
needlework items, though, outside of the AIDS quilt....
--sue