[HNW] disasters in needlework

Luscinde luscinde at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 15:15:15 PDT 2005

If tapestry counts as needlework, there should be
quite some disasters around as soon as you look for
biblical or historical/mythological topics. There is
the marvellous apocalypse tapestry in Angers for
example, I've seen tapestries with the Fall of Troy,
the tower of Babel collapsing, the Flood (I think I
even remember this one embroidered), the Slaying of
the Innocents etc. There are also some tapestries
after paintings by Breughel. I can't be more specific
because my brain is a sieve unfortunately.

(I'm quite a new subscriber here, my name is
Christine, I live in Munich/Germany)