[HNW] Making medieval tappestries

Deredere Galbraith triade at kabelfoon.nl
Tue Jul 12 01:08:00 PDT 2005

Hi,

My friend and I are reenacters and we were just starting with dieing wool.
Now were thinking that it would be nice if we would also learn how to
spin wool and how to make a small tapestry.
I am looking for pictures of medieval paintings where people working on
spinning, dieing wool and making tapestry.
And also pictures of the tooles that where used.
Books with pictures and explanations of how to do it.
We do late medieval reenactment 14th century, 15th century and 16th century.

Any help would be greatly appricieated,
       Deredere

http://www.de_zwarte_zwaan.dds.nl/