[HNW] Egyptian Sampler

Cassandra L. Mccraw cmccraw at uark.edu
Fri Nov 4 06:58:49 PST 2005

Once you try linen, you will not be able to go back to aida! If you normally work on 16 count aida, that translates to 32 count linen (you just double the number), so 25 count linen should be a breeze! It will actually be a bigger count and will be easier to see. And those partial stitches will be especially easy to see.

Go to a locally owned needlework shop ("LNS") and tell them you have never worked on linen before. To quote a friend who used to own a needlework store, "Give me a virgin and she'll never stitch on aida again."

Oh - make sure you get margins of at least 3 inches all around and overcast the edges. Many LNSs will even serge the edges for you.

Happy stitching!

Fionna/Cassandra McCraw