[HNW] Re: Shorleyker

Catherine Kinsey ckinsey at kumc.edu
Fri Nov 4 07:49:58 PST 2005

Hi the list.
I am going to make an embroidered piece wich should cover 1600.
Would it be wrong to make something from Shorleyker?
I know he is later, but the motifs looks to me as something like late
16th
century to me.
What do you think?

Bjarne
I would consider it close enough.  A lot of the plates for these
pattern books were reused in later editions.  If you need to be
absolutely documentable however, there are earlier books.  If you want
more plant designs, 16th C. herbals would also be a good source.

Here are a couple of websites to help get you started:

http://cunnan.sca.org.au/wiki/Modelbuchs
http://medieval.webcon.net.au/period_16th_c_modelbuchs.html

Hope this helps, can't wait to see the pics :).

Catherine