German Sampler (was RE: [HNW] question)

Susan B. Farmer sfarmer at goldsword.com
Sat Nov 19 08:24:02 PST 2005

I altered Stephanie's message a tad because of URL ugliness in case you
missed the original post

> From: "Hanson, Carol" <CHANSON at PARTNERS.ORG>
>
> Hi, Stephanie,
>
> I can't help on the stitch part, but I can offer a few other
> suggestions.
>
> The best color plate I've seen is in this book:
> King, Donald, and Santina Levey. The Victoria & Albert Museum's
> Textile Collection: Embroidery in Britain from 1200 to 1750. New
> York: Canopy Books, 1993.

Are you sure that this is in King & Levey?  I'm not seeing it there at
all.  I think the earliest sampler that they have is the Bostocke
Sampler.

Susan

on http://images.vam.ac.uk and

> it will bring up the work.  Or, you can go to this page:

http://snipurl.com/k1zk

-----
Susan Farmer
sfarmer at goldsword.com