[HNW] hoops, frames, and other tensioning devices

Susan B. Farmer sfarmer at goldsword.com
Tue Nov 22 14:58:28 PST 2005

What do y'all use to stitch with?

I know that there are a couple of rectangular frame "kits" readily
available at A.C. Moore and Hobby Lobby and places like that.  Which
manufacturer's frame do you like best?

What about hoops?  plastic or wooden?  Is it possible to get a
high-quality wooden frame any more?  I have a couple of *really* nice
ones from the 60s (or maybe earlier) that are made out of "real" wood
as opposed to "basketry reed" or something equally flimsy for
embroidery use.  I've even got a metal one that was my grandmothers --
it's lined in cork.

Eagerly awaiting your replies ...

Jerusha
-----